This programme has been changed from face-to-face to online delivery mode.
Lecturer: Dr. Dixon Wong,Founder of the Global Creative Industries Programme, The University of Hong Kong
Teaching Assistant: Miss Lavender Lui
This course introduces students to the idea of creativity, the emergence and nature of creative industries, and the ways creativity is commercialized, marketed, branded, and financed. Students will also be taught how to start a business in the creative industries and how to make the business successful. Finally, students will be introduced to several creative fields, including the KOL, E-Sport, and fashion industries, and obtain a better understanding of luxury markets in East Asia including Japan, Korea, and Greater China.
- Students will gain a thorough understanding of the idea of creativity;
- Students will be familiar with the history and concepts of creative industries;
- Students will learn how to develop their creativity;
- Students will know how to commercialize, market, brand, and finance creative projects;
- Students will have a better understanding of the KOL, E-Sport, and fashion industries, and luxury markets in East Asia including Japan, Korea, and Greater China.