1.4 Where should I apply for my Hong Kong Student Visa?

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /opt/app-root/src/content/plugins/q-and-a-focus-plus-faq/inc/functions.php on line 250

If you do not have the right of abode in Hong Kong, regardless of the length of study, you are required by law to obtain a student visa issued by the Hong Kong Immigration Department. One entry permit is applicable for one programme only, and the cumulative duration of a short-term study should not exceed 180 days within any 12-month period according to the Immigration guidelines. For students currently staying in Hong Kong holding a valid student visa (NOT a dependent visa), please read the guidelines for taking up a HKU summer/short-term programme.

Students are advised to submit the visa application as soon as you receive a Notice of Admission from HKU. Please click here for more details about student visa application. For inquiries, please contact here.

Students are also reminded to pay attention to any special arrangements due to COVID. For most updated information by the HKSAR Government, please visit https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/index.html.

Category: 1. COVID Related Matters