For Secondary School Students
Applying to the HKU Summer Institute
Applications for HKU Summer Institute 2022 summer programme will be available on a rolling basis from November 15, 2021 and all applications should be completed online via the HKU Summer Institute online application system.
Secondary School programmes will be delivered in either online or face-to-face mode. Please be reminded to check respective programme webpage carefully before applying.
Students joining HKUSI for face-to-face programmes are required to adhere to HKU’s infection control protocols and are responsible to comply with all requirements as set out by the HKSAR Government. For details, please visit here.
Important Dates and Deadlines
|Application Opens||November 15, 2021|
|Early Bird Application Deadline
– 5% early-bird discount on programme fee for non-HKU Exchange Partners’ students
– This discount is not in conjunction with other discounts
|On or before February 28, 2022 (Hong Kong Time)|
|Application Deadline||Online programmes:
June 10, 2022
Face-to-face programmes: please check individual programme page for details.
Application deadlines for each programme may be different. Please check programme details for specific requirements and application deadline of individual programmes.
Academy for the Talented – We’re searching for talents and YOU are wanted!
Want to join the Academy family? Students who are currently in Form 2/Grade 8 or above can submit a Talent Search application now! For more details, please visit https://talented.hku.hk/
Summer Scholarships offered by HKU Academy for the Talented
HKU Academy for the Talented offers scholarships to the Academy members joining summer programmes offered by the HKU Summer Institute. Members who have successfully received an offer from the listed summer programmes below, will receive a scholarship which is equivalent to 20% discount of the programme fee:
Level of Study Comparison Chart for Secondary School Students
|HK||China||UK & IB Level||US|
|S1||Junior 1||Year 8||Grade 7|
|S2||Junior 2||Year 9||Grade 8|
|S3||Junior 3||Year 10||Grade 9|
|S4||Senior 1||Year 11||Grade 10|
|S5||Senior 2||Year 12||Grade 11|
|S6||Senior 3||Year 13||Grade 12|
Your application will be reviewed as soon as you submit the application and materials. Admission result will be announced on a rolling basis after March 7, 2022, subject to the decision of offering units/Faculties/Departments. The earlier you apply, the greater chance for securing a place in the summer programme.
You should complete the application online before the application deadline, please check programme details for specific requirements and application deadline of individual programmes.
Please prepare the following documents before you proceed with the online application:
|Education and Qualification||
|Additional Supporting Documents||
- Please indicate the types of supporting documents and your full name when uploading the files to our online application system. (e.g. Passport_LEE Tai Man Harry). File name must be in English.
- Maximum upload size for each file is 25MB.
- Please do not send any original documents to the University by post. The University is not responsible for any documents lost in the process.
- Application will be processed only when ALL supporting documents and application fee are submitted successfully to the online application system before the deadline.
- HKU Summer Institute reserves the right to cancel a programme should there be insufficient enrolment or any unforeseen circumstances. Programme dates, content and fee are subject to change without prior notice, students should pay attention to the programme website and email notification for new programme updates.