For Secondary School Students
Applying to the HKU Summer Institute
2021 HKU Summer Institute programmes are available for application on a rolling basis from January 15, 2021. All applications should be completed online via the HKU Summer Institute online application system.
Important Dates and Deadlines
|Application Opens||January 15, 2021|
|Early Bird Application Deadline
||February 28, 2021 (Hong Kong Time)|
|Application Deadline||May 31, 2021|
*Application deadlines for each programme may be different. Please check programme details for specific requirements and application deadline of individual programmes.
Academy for the Talented – We’re searching for talents and YOU are wanted!
Want to join the Academy family? Students who are currently in Form 2/Grade 8 or above can submit a Talent Search application now! For more details, please visit https://talented.hku.hk/
Summer Scholarships offered by HKU Academy for the Talented
HKU Academy for the Talented offers scholarships to the Academy members joining summer programmes offered by the HKU Summer Institute. Members who have successfully received an offer from the listed summer programmes below, will receive a scholarship which is equivalent to 20% discount of the programme fee.
Exploring Law in Society
Young Professionals in the HKU Business School
Beyond the Concrete Jungle: Exploring nature and biodiversity
Storytelling with Multimedia Technology
Future Legal Professionals
Level of Study Comparison Chart for Secondary School Students
|HK||China||UK & IB Level||US|
|S1||Junior 1||Year 8||Grade 7|
|S2||Junior 2||Year 9||Grade 8|
|S3||Junior 3||Year 10||Grade 9|
|S4||Senior 1||Year 11||Grade 10|
|S5||Senior 2||Year 12||Grade 11|
|S6||Senior 3||Year 13||Grade 12|
Your application will be reviewed as soon as you submit the application and materials. Admission result will be announced on a rolling basis starting from February 28, 2021, subject to the decision of offering units/Faculties/Departments. The earlier you apply, the greater chance for securing a place in the summer programme.
You should complete the application online before the application deadline, please check programme details for specific requirements and application deadline of individual programmes.
Please prepare the following documents before you proceed with the online application:
|Education and Qualification||
|Additional Supporting Documents||
- Please indicate the types of supporting documents and your full name when uploading the files to our online application system. (e.g. Passport_LEE Tai Man Harry). File name must be in English
- Maximum upload size for each file is 25MB.
- Please do not send any original documents to the University by post. The University is not responsible for any documents lost in the process.
- Application will be processed only when ALL supporting documents are uploaded to the online application system before the deadline.
- HKU Summer Institute reserves the right to cancel a programme should there be insufficient enrolment or any unforeseen circumstances. Programme dates, content and fee are subject to change without prior notice, students should pay attention to the programme website and email notification for new programme updates.