For Undergraduates and Postgraduates
Applying to the HKU Summer Institute
Applications for HKU Summer Institute 2022 summer programme will be available on a rolling basis from November 15, 2021 and all applications should be completed online via the HKU Summer Institute online application system.
Undergraduate programmes will be delivered in either online or face-to-face mode. Please be reminded to check respective programme webpage carefully before applying. Students joining HKUSI for face-to-face programmes are required to adhere to HKU’s infection control protocols and are responsible to comply with all requirements as set out by the HKSAR Government.
Important Dates and Deadlines
|Application Opens||November 15, 2021|
Early Bird Application Deadline
– 5% early-bird discount on programme fee (for non-HKU Exchange Partners’ students)
– This discount is not in conjunction with other discounts
|On or before February 28, 2022 (Hong Kong Time)|
|Application Deadline||Overseas students:
March 31, 2022
Application deadlines for each programme may be different. Please check programme details for specific requirements and application deadline of individual programmes.
Your application will be reviewed as soon as you submit the application and materials. Admission result will be announced on a rolling basis after February 28, 2022, subject to the decision of offering units/Faculties/Departments. The earlier you apply, the greater chance for securing a place in the summer programme.
An applicant should submit a complete application online before the application deadline, please check programme details for specific requirements and application deadline of individual programmes.
Please prepare the following documents before you proceed with the online application.
|Education and Qualification||
|Additional Supporting Documents||
Students are advised to submit the visa application, if needed, as soon as you receive a Notice of Admission from HKU. Please click here for more details about student visa application. For inquiries, please contact here.
Students are also reminded to pay attention to any special arrangements due to COVID. For most updated information by the HKSAR Government, please visit https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/index.html.
- Please indicate the types of supporting documents and your full name when uploading the files to our online application system. (e.g. Passport LEE Tai Man Harry). File name must be in English.
- Maximum upload size for each file is 25MB.
- Please do not send any original documents to the University by post. The University is not responsible for any documents lost in the process.
- Application will be processed only when ALL supporting documents and application fees are submitted successfully to the online application system before the deadline.
- HKU Summer Institute reserves the right to cancel a programme should there be insufficient enrolment or any unforeseen circumstances. Programme dates, content and fee are subject to change without prior notice, students should pay attention to the programme website and email notification for new programme updates.