Programme Code: SIJP2205
Managed by: HKU Summer Institute
Area of Interest: Professionals
Programme Period: July 11, 2022 to July 22, 2022
Programme Fee: HKD 12,800
Teaching Mode: Face to Face
Discount(s) on Programme Fee:
20% - Academy Summer Scholarship / Alumni Discount
10% - Referral Discount / HKU Members Discount
5% - Early Bird Discount (Deadline: February 28, 2022) / Private Discount
* All discounts are NOT in conjunction with any other discounts.
For further details, please visit here.
Deadline for Application: March 31, 2022 (for non-local students) June 10, 2022 (for local students)
Online Application: APPLY NOW
[This is a face-to-face programme. Students will come to the University during the programme period.]
The Faculty of Law of the University of Hong Kong is the first law school in Hong Kong and one of the most prestigious law schools internationally. A law education is one of the most valuable and sought-after degrees as it enables students to develop rational thinking and cultivate a sense of justice.
To facilitate law education among teenagers and popularise law study in Hong Kong, the pioneer programme about law study at HKU for Junior Secondary students is on the list this year!
During the programme, participants will be given a case to investigate. With the help from current students, alumni, Lecturers and Professors of the HKU Law Faculty, participants will gain exposure to the law discipline through numerous discussions, philosophical and critical-thinking debates, and spirited exchanges.
At the conclusion of the programme, participants will have to stand against each other and defend their case for “justice”. Students will be able to learn debating skills which are of great importance in modern society, and gain first-hand debate experience in a court scenario at an earlier stage in their academic development than their peers.
Exploring Law in Society programme allows students to immerse in the theory and practice of law and to develop a roadmap to become a legal professional. During the 2-week Programme, students will be exposed to the practice of law, legal topics and rhetoric, and ethics from pre-eminent legal professionals, including our professors.
- To introduce the Faculty of Law and other Law-related Programmes to secondary students interested in studying law in the future
- To facilitate intellectual exchange among secondary students with basic legal concepts
- To create an environment for secondary students to understand legal education and basic knowledge of the rule of law
- To promote and encourage participation of secondary students in future events of HKU
- To promote social awareness and encourage critical thinking
• Students of non-credit bearing programmes will receive a certificate upon programme completion. Students of credit-bearing programmes can apply a transcript stated with HKU credits, please contact your home institution about the issue related to HKU credits recognition.
• You understand that you must be available for the entire duration of the programme, from the start to the end of the programme. 20% absence is allowed for emergencies or sick leave with legitimate reason and official letterhead proof for the absence. Students have the responsibility to contact the programme coordinator and/or teacher concerned about this ahead of time. No exceptions will be made, unless prior approval has been given. You are expected to be punctual for all classes and tutorials. Unexcused cases of lateness may count as absence. Students who fail to achieve an 80% of attendance or absence without legitimate reason and official letterhead proof for the absence will not be awarded the HKU Credits or the Certificate of Completion.