Programme Code: SISA2107
Managed by: HKU Summer Institute
Area of Interest: Arts
Programme Period: July 19, 2021 to July 23, 2021
Programme Fee: HKD 6,500
Discount(s) on Programme Fee:
20% - Academy Summer Scholarship or Alumni Discount 10% - Referral Discount 5% - Early Bird Discount (Deadline: February 28, 2021) or Private Discount * All discounts are NOT in conjunction with any other discounts. For further details, please visit here.
Deadline for Application: June 14, 2021
Online Application: APPLY NOW
This programme helps students improve communication skills and enhance their utilization of different applications to design outcomes for storytelling. Students will be introduced to the principles of storytelling and use of multimedia technologies at the forefront of the current digital marketing environment. The programme will also examine how the design and marketing industries are evolving with emerging media technologies to pursue lucrative new markets.
On completion of this programme, students are expected to be able to:
- Tell an engaging story through multimedia content;
- Evaluate the applications and techniques of interactive media in a local context;
- Identify potential markets and explore the possibilities of digital media for specific devices;
- Explore the functions and possibilities of various technologies to address a wide variety of digital marketing; and
- Generate messages for a campaign by integrating relevant contents and other key elements to pursue a potential market.
The following topics/areas will be covered:
- 1. Contemporary storytelling
• Narratives, archetypes, creative thinking, story structure, etc.
- Media technologies
• Website; digital imaging, digital video; display advertising; search and portals; social networks; in-game advertising; advergaming; and e-banners, etc.
- Digital content development
• Digital content structures and functions; meaning of digital content on various media; and optimisation of content.
- Interactive media design
• Design interactions for online and offline customer experiences.
- Audience interactivity
• Active and interactive audiences; user-generated content; targeting data aggregation; consumer perspectives; consumer motivation; and Internet usage and consumer pattern.
• You understand that you must be available for the entire duration of the programme, from the start to the end of the programme. 20% absence is allowed for emergencies or sick leave with legitimate reason and official letterhead proof for the absence. Students have the responsibility to contact the programme coordinator and/or teacher concerned about this ahead of time. No exceptions will be made, unless prior approval has been given. You are expected to be punctual for all classes and tutorials. Unexcused cases of lateness may count as absence. Students who fail to achieve an 80% of attendance or absence without legitimate reason and official letterhead proof for the absence will not be awarded the HKU Credits or the Certificate of Completion.