Our environment has been suffering from serious threats such as climate change and waste problems. How can we achieve low carbon lifestyle so as to make our Earth sustainable for living? In fact, you can do it from your daily life! In this workshop, you will play an online game which brings you to some real sites in Hong Kong, letting you learn about green living. What’s more, there will be an online tour to a waste treatment facility and upcycling workshops on different wastes – beverage cartons, coffee capsules, and USB cables – which we mostly neglect but create in a large amount in our daily life. In these interactive activities, you will learn progressively about some important environmental issues and how you could achieve green living easily.
After taking this program, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the global and local environmental issues, in particular, those related to waste problems and carbon footprint;
- Describe how our daily life links to UN Sustainable Development Goals 11, 12 and 13;
- Achieve low carbon lifestyle;
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills on environmental issues and challenges.
Programme Key topics:
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) 11, 12, and 13
- Climate change
- Waste management in Hong Kong
- Upcycling of beverage cartons, coffee capsules, and USB cables
- Low carbon lifestyle
- Carbon emission and footprint