Programme Code: SIUS2111
Faculty of: Engineering
Targeted Students: HKU Undergraduates, Non HKU Local Undergraduates, Non HKU Undergraduates, Non Local Undergraduates
Area of Interest: Science
Credits: 3 PKU credits + 6 HKU credits
Programme Period: July 5, 2021 to August 6, 2021
Programme Schedule: Monday to Friday (AM & PM)
Programme Fee: HKD 23,000
Discount(s) on Programme Fee:
20% - Alumni Discount
10% - Partner Discount or Referral Discount 5% - Early Bird Discount (Deadline: February 28, 2021) or Private Discount * All discounts are NOT in conjunction with any other discounts. For further details, please visit here.
Deadline for Application: June 14, 2021
Online Application: APPLY NOW
Engage in this online interactive learning programme about virtual worlds and real bodies (CCHU9056) and innovative product engineering process (IPEP), co-organised by the University of Hong Kong (HKU) and Peking University (PKU).
In this programme, students will enjoy a highly-interactive learning experience, starting with 3 -week lectures with PKU and then 3-weeks lectures with HKU. Through collaborative workshops, incentive training, practice in brainstorming, designing and researching, as well as hands-on projects and discussions, students will develop a “computational” state of mind for everyday events, enhance their creativity and stimulate their curiosity. This programme welcomes students from all disciplines.
- Cross-cultural learning experience with HKU and PKU students
- Credit-bearing: 6 HKU credits (CCHU9056) + 3 PKU credits (IPEP – optional intake)
- Open to HKU, PKU, non-HKU and non-PKU students
The programme comprises 2 back-bone online courses:
1. CCHU9056 Virtual Worlds Real Bodies – offered by the University of Hong Kong
· 19 July – 6 August, 2021
· 6 HKU credits
· Common Core course
2. Innovative Product Engineering Process (IPEP) – offered by Peking University
· 5 July – 24 July, 2021
· 3 PKU credits
· Optional Intake
· Pre-requisite: Mandarin*
Note: Lectures will be conducted in Mandarin. In the case you do not have the language proficiency, you can choose to withdraw from IPEP. By withdrawing from IPEP, you will ONLY obtain 6 HKU credits for CCHU9056 upon completion of the programme and assessment.
For Non-HKU and Non-PKU students
HKD 23,000 Includes:
· Tuition fee of HKU and PKU programmes (CCHU9056 & IPEP)
Note: The availability to credit transfer arrangement is determined by your home institution. Please confirm with your home university whether HKU/PKU credits could be transferred toward your degree.
• Students of non-credit bearing programmes will receive a certificate upon programme completion. Students of credit-bearing programmes can apply a transcript stated with HKU credits, please contact your home institution about the issue related to HKU credits recognition.
• You understand that you must be available for the entire duration of the programme, from the start to the end of the programme. 20% absence is allowed for emergencies or sick leave with legitimate reason and official letterhead proof for the absence. Students have the responsibility to contact the programme coordinator and/or teacher concerned about this ahead of time. No exceptions will be made, unless prior approval has been given. You are expected to be punctual for all classes and tutorials. Unexcused cases of lateness may count as absence. Students who fail to achieve an 80% of attendance or absence without legitimate reason and official letterhead proof for the absence will not be awarded the HKU Credits or the Certificate of Completion.