Programme Code: SIUB2103
Faculty of: Business and Economics
HKU Summer Institute
Targeted Students: HKU Postgraduate Students, HKU Undergraduates, Non HKU Postgraduate Students, Non HKU Undergraduates
Area of Interest: Business
Programme Period: July 12, 2021 to July 23, 2021
Programme Schedule: (10:00 - 13:00 ) & (14:30-17:30) in the entire period.
Programme Fee: HKD 11,600
Discount(s) on Programme Fee:
20% - Alumni Discount
10% - Partner Discount or Referral Discount 5% - Early Bird Discount (Deadline: February 28, 2021) or Private Discount * All discounts are NOT in conjunction with any other discounts. For further details, please visit here.
Deadline for Application: May 31, 2021
Online Application: APPLY NOW
The next admission results will be issued on June 1, for applicants who have completed application on May 28 (HKT 23:59).
Creating, articulating and implementing policy is a key function of leadership. During the two-week programme, participants will be asked to take on different roles and learn how to make a real world impact. By understanding how to plan and execute strategy, create a narrative, and monitor, measure and scrutinize objectives, students will gain insight into the thought process behind ‘strategy’ as a foundation of leadership.
- Identify the six interrelated functions of management: accounting, finance, operations, marketing, business strategy and information management.
- Understand the process by which a company develops and implements a strategic plan.
- Explain what benchmarking is and its importance for managing organisations.
- Describe the concept of stakeholders and identify the stakeholder groups relevant to an organisation.
- Discuss and apply the macro-business environment model to an industry or emerging technology.
- Understand how digital transformation is related to business management strategy, corporate culture, people management, technology deployment and process enhancement; identify the specific attributes of an organisation that can be digitally transformed.
- Discuss the big data phenomenon and its impact on business and management.
- Explain the fundamental concepts of artificial intelligence and business analytics, and how they can be a competitive advantage.
- Shaping the Future: Ethics and Risks of New Technology
- Key to Building an Outstanding Organization
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Management
- Role of Accounting for Decision Making
- Living a Life of Purpose and Planning for the Future
- Artificial intelligence, business analytics, and big data
- Fintech, blockchain, and cryptocurrencies
- Integrative Marketing Strategy
- Cross Cultural Management
- Digital Transformation
- Strategic Leadership in Multinational Companies
- Becoming a Strategic Leader
- Hedge Funds
- Intermediated Markets
14 sessions (AM & PM)
Course Instructor(s) – (Alphabetical by first name)
• Students of non-credit bearing programmes will receive a certificate upon programme completion. Students of credit-bearing programmes can apply a transcript stated with HKU credits, please contact your home institution about the issue related to HKU credits recognition.
• You understand that you must be available for the entire duration of the programme, from the start to the end of the programme. 20% absence is allowed for emergencies or sick leave with legitimate reason and official letterhead proof for the absence. Students have the responsibility to contact the programme coordinator and/or teacher concerned about this ahead of time. No exceptions will be made, unless prior approval has been given. You are expected to be punctual for all classes and tutorials. Unexcused cases of lateness may count as absence. Students who fail to achieve an 80% of attendance or absence without legitimate reason and official letterhead proof for the absence will not be awarded the HKU Credits or the Certificate of Completion.